I didn’t become heartless, I just became smarter. My happiness will not depend on someone else. Not anymore.
Fall in love with someone who wants you, who waits for you. who understands you even in the madness; someone who helps you, and guides you, someone who is your support, your hope. fall in love with someone who talks with you after a fight. Fall in love with someone who misses you and wants to be with you. Do not fall in love only with a body or with a face; or with the idea of being in love(via unendlicheliebezudir)
Listen kid, here are the rules:
1. Don’t shut down. You have to feel pain because once you turn it off, you can’t get it back. And then you’re left prying open your veins and breaking your bones, drowning in vodka, choking on pills, bleeding out, swallowing cigarettes, fucking boys who rip your heart out of your chest and slam it against the wall and then smile at you like you’re the prettiest thing in the room. It turns out that feeling nothing feels worse than anything else.
2. Cut him out of your life. It doesn’t matter how many times he called you beautiful and told you he loved you. I know he was a sweet guy but he’s not the same person anymore. He hurt you. He doesn’t deserve to occupy a thought in your head let alone drown you in your own tears. I know you loved him. Maybe you always will. But if you want to stay alive, you’ve got to let him go. Delete your old texts with him because baby I swear to god you will read over all the “I love you’s” and “baby girl’s” and you will crack your ribs with them.
3. It’s okay to cry. It’s okay slide down a wall in tears at three in the morning aching and screaming. If you want to sit on your bedroom floor with your head buried in your knees, tears spilling out of your eyes and filling the room up to your waist, do it. It doesn’t make you weak. You could never be weak. You’re alive and that’s the hardest thing to be. I’m so proud of you. Always.
4. Don’t do anything you’re uncomfortable with. When you’re at a party and you’re sitting next to a boy who’s words are dripping with cheap alcohol and he’s grabbing your thigh and spitting liquor down your neck in sloppy kisses, push him off you. You don’t owe him anything. You’re not being mean or hurting his feelings. If you’re not okay, leave.
5. Don’t hurt yourself. If you think you feel shitty now, imagine how terrible you’re going to feel when you accidentally cut too deep and you feel your life spilling out of your wrists. I know you want to get rid of him and the heartbreak he left behind. I know you want to get rid of the numbness and the headaches and the shaky hands. I know you want to get rid of the pain. But when you’re lighting your skin on fire or tearing into your veins, you’ve got pain spilling out of your bones. But you’re dripping everything good too. You’ve got a tangle of outer space inside of you and you can’t lose the darkness between the stars without losing the stars too.
6. Save yourself first. I know you’re in love with a pretty boy who writes you poetry and slits your wrists. I know he falls asleep crying. But so do you. I know he’s your world. I know you’re in love. But you can’t be up at four in the morning talking him out of suicide when you’ve got six tests the next day. You can’t stop him from ripping his heart out when you’re still trying to figure out how to get yours beating again. You can’t save him. You’ve just got to love him with all you’ve got. You have to love yourself too.
7. Terminate toxic relationships. It doesn’t make you a bad person. You need to be self-preserving for once in your fucking life. When your best friend kisses the boy you would die for, stop sleeping on her floor when she calls you crying because she got her heart broken by a boy who’s name she couldn’t remember. When your father kicks you out of the house and tells you he wants you gone, stay gone. When your boyfriend comments on how much you’ve been eating and makes you feel guilty for feeling the world, delete his number. You don’t need people dragging you down. You don’t need anybody poising you. You’ve got enough pain already.
8. It gets better. I know right now you’re on the verge of killing yourself. You’re on the edge and you’re waiting for the fall. But there’s nothing good at the bottom, just a lot of broken bones and blood and sore throats. I know how much you want to die and I know how hard it is to stay but you have to. Because one day you’re going to wake up smiling. You’re going to fall in love and your heart will stay whole. You’re going to travel and swim in the ocean and you’re not going to pray that you drown. You’re going to go for a drive in the middle of the night and feel free instead of hoping you crash. You’re going to be alright.8 things I wish my mother had taught me before I turned 16 (via soulfulreverie)
Growing up I always thought true love was red roses, dates on Saturday nights, little black box that held expensive things, and always knowing what to say. I thought true love was a kiss in the rain, deep explanations, and the perfect story. But now that I’m older I’ve realized it’s not like that at all.
See because true love for me is ugly snapchats, and peeing while you’re on the phone. True love is kissing at 6 AM despite the morning breath and singing at the top of your lungs. It’s saying all the wrong things, at all the wrong moments. It’s sarcasm and being honest even when it hurts. It’s late hours of the night when it’s been a long day and it’s no make up and bad hair. It’s tears from laughter, it’s tears from sadness and it’s nothing like any storybook you’ve ever read. It’s never running out of things to talk about, and it’s being comfortable in the silence of things. True love is watching The Titanic though you swore you never would. It’s getting mad over stupid things. It’s “you’re an idiot,” and “you’re a little shit” and knowing you’re so lucky to hear those every day. It’s spilling your feelings at 4 AM when you should be asleep. It’s that song you hear on the radio that always makes you smile. It’s the worst story you could imagine, but thank God it worked out anyways. True love is never losing the magic. True love is not leaving when things get hard.
I like my definition better anyways.Another Piece About You (via pogilord)
Alam ko namang di mo naaalala.
Wala ka naman kasi dapat maalala.
Wala lang naman kasi sayo ‘to.
Hindi naman kasi official.
Hindi naman…… hay.
1 year na dapat tayo eh.
There is no mystery— that’s the beauty of it. We are entirely explicable to each other, and yet we stay. What a miracle that is.― Kamila Shamsie (via psych-quotes)
I could’ve sworn I was telling the truth when I told you I didn’t miss you.― pleasefindthis (via psych-quotes)
Ilang taon mo na nga siyang minamahal? Tagal na no? Ilang palit na ng girlfriend ang nagawa niya, ilang manliligaw na ang dumaan sayo, ilang bagyo na ang naminsala sa kapuluan ng Pilipinas, ilang pangako na ang napako ng taga lingkod bayan, nakailang anak na ang kapitbahay niyo, at nakailang alagang baboy na ang Papa mo pero minamahal mo pa rin siya. Aba matindi. Nakailang 11:11 wishes ka na kaya? Nakailang alas kwatro ng umaga na kaya ang iniyak mo’t pangalan pa rin niya ang dahilan? Ilang move on na ba yung nasabi mo? Di mo na mabilang ano? Tapos until now going strong ka pa rin sa kakamahal sa kanya.
Come on! Hindi ka pa rin ba nagsasawa sa ganyang setup? Palihim na nagmamahal, paulit ulit na nasasaktan, at minsan pa’y pumupuslit ka pa ng pagdadasal para sa pansariling kaligayahan. Ang ano? Sana maghiwalay na sila ng girlfriend niya o sana ikaw naman ang makita niya? Girl, move on. Alam ko naman na kailangan mo munang pumasok sa kabaong bago mo maappreciate yang pariralang yan pero di ka ba naaawa sa sarili mo? Ang move on ay para rin lang naman sayo. Exercise it. Laklak ka din minsan ng realidad. Hinahambalos na nga sa pagmumukha mo, pablind blind ka pa. Ilang anesthesia ba ang tinira mo’t ganyan ka na kamanhid?
Tigilan mo yan. Hindi na healthy yang ginagawa mong torture sa sarili mo. Ilang buto na ba ang nabali mo sa tuwing nakikita mo siyang may kasamang iba? Ilang beses ka na bang nanlumo dahil sweet sila ng girlfriend niya? Ilang beses ka na bang nagmura dahil sa kakamahal sa kanya? Ilang beses ka na bang umiyak sa kwarto mo ng sobrang mahina para lang di marinig ng mga kasama mo sa bahay? Saksi ang unan mo’t kama sa mga ginagawa mo sa sarili mo. Saksi ang kinailalimang parte ng puso mo dyan sa kakaibig mo sa kanya tapos ang idinulot lang sayo ay pawang sakit at hinagpis.
Isipin mo sanang mabuti na hindi ka inire ng nanay mo para umiyak ng paulit ulit para sa isang walang kwentang tao. Bakit? Sa tuwing nag-ggm ba siya sayo ng quotes tapos agad agad kang nagpapaload para lang mareplyan siya, naaappreciate niya? Girl, wala yang pake. Parang ulam lang yan eh, nakakaumay kapag palagi, nakakasama pag sumobra. Try mong kainin yung ulam na move on tapos inom ka ng isang litrong acceptance at magtoothbrush ka ng panibagong mindset na hindi siya worth it. May halaga ka, wag mong sayangin yun sa kanya. Aanhin mo yang pagmamahal mong yan kung nakakalimutan mo naman ang halaga mo? Girl, iluwa mo na yang katangahang yan, di yan nakakabusog.Dahil Tanga Ka #1, “Kaytagal Na Kitang Minamahal” (via msshearty)
Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn’t nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand.― Aldous Huxley (via psych-quotes)